woensdag 5 mei 2010

India. 05 05 10

16 30

5 5 10: it’s almost math.

third, or is it fourth?; full day.

Woke up at around 7.30 am. Took a shower (cold) (the phrase “a cold shower” can not be anything but good in this context). Had some cornflakes. Went for a walk. Silly me. Wanted to check when the mall opened, get a haircut & perhaps buy some cigarettes. The silly bit was that the second and third were entirely determined by the first. The mall opens around 10. I had to be at work at 9, so I just walked a bit more & went to work.

At work one of the airconditioningthingies is broken. Luckily only one of them, so the other 5 or so can still manage to keep the office reasonable cool. Cool for me, for now, that is. If I had encountered this temperature 4 days ago, I would have insisted to open a window for frags sake. Now, I’m just fine (not dandy though, unfortunately)(though I have seen this Awesome coat/vest in a shop that might take care of that problem) (I’ll take a picture of it later).
Had a meeting. There’s this Sri Lanka girl visiting the company about some project there, and I was asked to say a few words about my experience with waste management. Odd. Definitely odd. But interesting. Was asked to get more info on this. Prices, tonnage, energy production, feasibility in Asia...
Then went to lunch with boss, colleague & Sril Lanka. This Indian place (seems like a “duh” comment, but isn’t, seeing that this is actually only the second time I have Indian food). Apparently typical “wedding” food. A lot of small metal pots filled (by hand) with different types of food. Almost all of them “spicy” to some extent. Not necessarily “hot”, but with spices nonetheless. I have found I’m not too big on spices. Or on hot weather. Which is why i came to India, probably. After lunch I had a double espresso in the mall (the lunch was in the mall too) which I couldn’t pay myself, seeing that I only had a 1000 rs note. (50 rs = 1 euro...) and they couldn’t give back on that; silly people. Then I came back to my office and read a bit more on the wonderful world of CDM (Clean Development Mechanism) and of LULUCF (Land Use, Land Use Change and Forestation).

I did write some stuff on the first two days, but due to a lack of laptop (I didn’t figure out how to use the plugs till yesterday... apparently you can switch them on and off... silly Indians) (silly me), and a lack of internet once it did work, I haven’t posted them yet. Will do so tomorrow or something (with the handy use of a usb stick)

The coffee in the office is no coffee by the way. Imagine a caffée froid frappe, with added cream and sugar and heated up. If you get there, you’re close.


Love and kisses from Gandhi land,

Tomas.

PS: I’ve already made a few faux-pas here!
A) smoking in a no smoking area (outside! On a parking lot!?).
B) having a beard and unruly hair makes me look like a terrorist by the way. They didn’t want to let me in the apartment yesterday evening. So I shaved yesterday evening and will get haircut in an hour or two...
C) I was talking to Sri Lanka girl, we were joking about the loud whistle of some security guards we passed. And I was making jokes like “haha, my whistle is louder than your voice” etc etc. Then, to sorta round the topic off, I mentioned “his penis is probably really small”. Which was the next logical step for me. But she seemed relatively shocked by this... which was weird.

16 48

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Just rediscovered your blog. Shame on me for not remembering address. Always figured you for some kind of terrorist. Funny how penis jokes and atheism are frowned upon in your new habitat. West must be decadent?

    Will read rest of your blog, promise.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen