maandag 17 mei 2010

The Weekend


This explains a few things.




Friday
Meeting with the Dutch speaking community of Mumbai.
Highlights
  1. Spent most of my evening talking French and English due to the presence of a Brazilian ambassador (who had spent a couple of years in Brussels and Den Hague, and felt akin to us dutchies)
  2. During the introductions I ask a guy called Filip Haentjes where he was from. Oost Vlaanderen, he said. Whereabouts, I asked. Currently living in Gent, he said. Where before?, I asked. Aalst, he said. Aha, what highschool did you go to?, I ask, a bit surprised by now. St-Jozefscollege, ‘t groot college, he says.
  3. Got 3 cell numbers, one amongst which from the Brazilian guy, for some reason. Might hang out with them next weekend.
  4. Drank 4 double old monks (Indian Rum), and 4 or 5 Kingfishers (Indian beer, similar to Heineken…)
Saturday

No Highlights.
Saw Men Who Stare at Goats.
Went window shopping with Som.
Getting more and more used to both weather and food.

Sunday

Highlights.
  1. Saw my first two cats
  2. Saw my first two cows
  3. Went to a wedding reception, left after 15 minutes before any partying really got going.
  4. Took a train. First class.

Indians apparently don't always know what's good for them

The Train. Som. Krish

The train (open on both ends)(whilest driving)

Went to see a cricket match in The Queens Necklace, one of the most expensive areas of Mumbai. Basically the Old town. Lots of art deco houses, I was told.

The Queen's Necklace

Som. Beer. Cricket. Beer. Krish

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten