zaterdag 29 mei 2010

The Two-Faced Whore that is Mumbai

For the last week I've been writing an e-learning version for CDM. A potential new product for GV.
Interesting. Does take quite a lot of time though.

Friday I went to the Prince of Persia. Okay, as films go, cute cast. Stood up during the anthem and had a Kulfi icecream.

Saturday started of slowly. Went for breakfast at Greens (local veg restaurant) with Krish and Som. Had a Dosa Massala with some Sweet Lassi. Then went for a Doppio Espresso in Inorbit.

Then I went home and hung out a bit.

At six thirty I was picked up by a grey Toyota, licence plate MH 04 DE 7866.
I was taken to the Churchgate area, close to the Queens Necklace.
I was dropped off at a hotel.
then I was taken to a wine tasting in an exclusive hotel. The Oberoi. In this hotel, tens of people were killed in the attacks a few years ago. The only thing to remember them by is a red piano. symbolic of the shed blood of innocents.


The Wine Tasting was pretty cool. First time I've done this. Started of with three whites, then three reds. The third white tasted vaguely like Marmelate & Marmite. It was a hate-it-or-love-it kinda wine. I liked.

The three white ones. The middle one really nice & soft, the right one a hate-it-or-love-it.

Then I had a 4-course dinner. With, amongst others, Wild Boar. De Lish.
Very decadent.

Then went to a private club and was able to do some dancing for the first time in weeks. Made a vague attempt at showing Tectonic & jumpstyle. My tectonic was slightly more popular with the wider public. for obvious reasons.

Then I was driven back. Was home by 3 something.

There are advantages of meeting Brazilian ambassadors at meetings of Dutch & Flemish people.

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Waarom ontdek ik nu pas dat gij aan het bloggen zijt geslagen?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. So dude, did you meet Brazilians who took you wine tasting? or was it with some Indians?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I met one brazilian. Works at the Brazilian consulat in Mumbai or something....
    Only to glad to show me around in Mumbai. Probably helped that he lived in Brussels for a while, knew Belgium and enjoyed speaking French for once...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen