donderdag 17 juni 2010

Chums and Stuff

Lately I've been hanging out with Rashmi (The Ice Cream Girl) and her buddies.

Rashmi
Abhijit

Buddies
(these are actually not Rashmis friends. They are random guys that I saw on the street and that I took a picture of because they walked in this typically Indian fashion)

The whole "lets go out for a beer" thing doesn't really exist here. On the other hand, the "let's take a rik, a train, another rik, another train, another rik to get to your place" thing is Very popular. Especially at noon. Especially when it's sizzling hot. Especially when you're so close to other commuters you can feel the shape of their cell phones.

They haggle here. Which is why Abhijit is a very handy fellow to have around. Because he's actually quite good at it. I still stare ahead of me in shame whenever the haggling starts. Silly Western soul....

I've been trying to spread "our music" a bit. People seem quite partial to Stromae - Alors on Dance. My other attempts have been less successful.

1 opmerking:

  1. m I still referred as Ice Cream girl / Colleague? Didnt know about this write-up...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen