maandag 7 juni 2010

The Weekend

Friday, I didn't do anything really. Stayed home with the intention of catching up with some sleep. Didn't really work out as planned. Stayed up watching silly movies till 5 am.

Saturday, as usual, I was abruptly shaken from my sleep by the Cleaning Lady.
The very same CL that got rid of the Pigeons Nest.
And potentially my awesome pink lighter as well.
At least, it is gone and she IS the usual suspect. After all, isn't it usually the Butler that is guilty of all crimes? And, lacking a butler, isn't the CL the next in line?

Personally, I think it was the CL, in the Library, with the candle stick.
Though how the candle stick helped in the theft of the Lighter, I can not fathom.


Back to Saturday.
After being rudely awakened by the Dustman (to quote a nice song)
I saw that Rashmi had attempted to contact me several times.
I then proceeded to call her back in order to arrange a meeting.

I took a rik to the Malad Station, where I purchased a 2nd class ticket and embarked on the perilous quest that is taking-a-second-class-train-by-yourself. It turned out to be quite feasible.

I went to my first Indian McDonald, where I feasted on a McMaharadja. A Massive Burger, worthy of the name. I felt quite decadent indeed.


The Mc Maharadja

Afterwards We proceeded to a Mall. Where we (Rashmi and her Roommate Shwetta) hung out a bit. Or, as they would put here "roamed around".

I was then picked up by a Brazilian Chauffeur and driven to the Four Seasons Hotel, which sports a lovely roof terrace. Thirty floors high & a lovely loungey atmosphere.

Afterwards I went to the Blue Frog for the birthday party of Sjoerd, one of the Dutch guys I met at the Dutch/Flemish meeting.

It was Delectable, Delicious, Delightful Decadence all over.

I met an Indian Girl who proved that Queen & Tarantino aren't entirely unknown on this continent after all... I also met a fellow from Brughes whose accent and dancing style made me feel arrogantly superior.

Sunday I was sick all day. Probably due to the first-rate hamburgers I had eaten in the Four Seasons. A month of almost-veggyness has turned my body against the goodness of Meat.
My very being is being corrupted by this continent. The Horror.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten