vrijdag 23 juli 2010

These are my last days in Mumbai.
This is probably my last post in Mumbai (unless I decide to throw in a quicky before leaving towards the airport).

It's like the end of an era. but less so.

My taste buds have finally gotten to the point where they don't flinch in terror when sensing the approach of garlic or peppers. My stomach has grown used to the fact that, no, there won't be any real meat to digest today. My skin has embraced the continuous humidity and dust, though still suffers under the buzzy presence of mosquitoes. When crossing the street I look first left, then right. Instead of nodding I do the curious head-waggle so common to Indians. When mumblingly agreeing to something, I find myself saying ha ha ha.

Oh Well. It'll pass.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten