dinsdag 6 juli 2010

The Weekend

This weekend I was told, by an Indian girl (aka Rashmi) no less, that I was "skinny". Skinnier than I was when I arrived, that is. I don't know if I should be happy or not by this development (though I assume most people would)(know, that is).

This weekend I "hung out" with Rashmi and Abhijit.

We had an almost-film-like experience on Sunday night. We had decided to have something alcoholic (an occurrence involving heavy planning in a country with strict social expectations).
After dinner, however, we realised (on my part)/remembered (on Abhijit's part) / forgot to mention (on Rashmi's part) that the shops close around 11. (note to reader : "after dinner" means around 10 , 11 PM in India)
We hailed a rikshaw and made him drive around nearly deserted streets on the quest for some bottles. After having finally acquired them. We headed home. There we realised we were not in possession of any munchies, nor were there any available at the appartement. So we embarked once again.
We ended up, almost 2 hours after dinner, with 3 small bottles and a couple of packets of Maggi (the Indian Equivalent of Aiki Noodles).
I then proceeded to fall asleep while watching a movie.

good times.


There are 4 compartments in the train.
1st class, 2nd class, women and handicapped.

Romance in the train station.

Monday I didn't have to go to work. National/regional strike. "Against Inflation".

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten