dinsdag 30 augustus 2011

Loafing through Lalitpur

I have been in Lalitpur, Kathmandu for almost a month now, so I think it is time for another one of my much celebrated and slightly blase photography rants.






Rainy Sunny Streets of Lalitpur





 



And when it is Rainy Sunny,
one needs  an umbrella.












I spent one of my precious days off
(aka Saturday in Nepal)
cleaning up a temple.
What else would one do?

 

 Kathmandu = Some really impressive sights...





 Unlike Mumbai,
Kathmandu hosts some nice street art...











And another Rainy Sunny Day

















This Doppelganger of Bart Magnus I met at an Internations Party. 
Uncanny.

 






Here be not just doppelgangers, but also Elephants













Here also be White Rabbits
(and colleagues in Purple Shirts taking pictures of them)






 
Last Saturday, My Colleague Sandeep and I went trekking up one of the local hilltops.
This proved to be great source for nice SnapShotMoments...






What does one do upon reaching the top?
Smoking, Squinting and Taking a Picture of course.









View of the Valley (and of a Cow)
Obviously








I am a De Latte. What does a De Latte do when encountering a flow?
He builds a Dam!














The Flow in question was relatively muddy due to a recent (that very morning) minor Landslide .... Of course.


I will keep you lovely folks at home posted on my whereabouts and (wrong)doings.
For now, let me leave you with a "see you next month", as I will be venturing homewards (aka Comfortably Governmentless Belgium) for the first two weeks of October. Reservations of Time need to be booked early and promptly, as it is a very limited commodity ( a little bit like Water, but different)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten