woensdag 16 maart 2011

If the key don't fit, find a new door.

It has been a while. For that, I apologize.

If there are any other things for which I should do that, let me know. For once, the sage Dutch proverb “what does not know, does not harm” might be wrong.

“Why has it been a while?”, you might ask yourself. Or you might not. Who am I to presume to know, let alone understand, the workings of the minds of my – doubtless – many readers.

Well. It has been a while for countless reasons, of that, let there be no doubt. What those reasons are, however, is a different matter entirely.
One of them, probably, is “because I’ve been working on Green Ventures’ blog”. As those of you who have kept a personal blog and were then confronted with the task of creating a blog for your work from scratch might know, they don’t combine well. It’s surprising how fast the unofficial blog loses its appeal, especially considering the likelihood that part of the audience of both blogs is equal. And the whole "wait a minute, I get paid to work on this blog, and I don't get paid to work on the other... choices choices choices" choice.


Another reason is “I no longer have an internet connection in the place I’m staying”. Sure, the internet in the office still works fine & dandy, but you have to admit, the workspace and –time is not ideally suited for working on your personal blog.



Another reason is the more common one: “I don’t really know what to write about”. Those who know me better, and are aware of my withdrawn, quiet approach to things, will not find this surprising.

But, as the Francophones say, “les excuses sont faites pour s’en servir” (“ l’excuse”, as you are undoubtedly aware of, is female, so the “t” in “faites” is pronounced.). Excuses are made to be used.
Or as the English (or Dutch?) say, “if you want to do something, you’ll find a way, if you don’t want to do something, you’ll find an excuse”.
Not that I had to look for excuses, or even make them. They presented them quite rapidly and easily. But still.

For those interested in a practical update on my life, your wish will be somewhat granted. For those who aren’t.... well, sucks to be you.
  • I’m still working in IndiaI’m still living & working in Malad (West) in Mumbai.
  • We (Green Ventures) will soon move offices to the Bandra Kurla Complex. 
  • I should be moving to Bandra as well, except for the tiny little problematic detail (the type the devil is in) that I haven’t found an apartment yet.
  • I made a (so far short-lived) attempt at learning Hindi. For those of you who don’t know, Hindi has a lot of letters. ‘nough said. I will probably pick it up again in the near future, however.
  • I broke my phone (my faithful nokia, purchased in the Fnac in Ghent less than a year ago) while jumping on a stage. This is less impressive than it sounds. And I’m assuming it doesn’t sound too impressive. Also : pain.
  • I purchased a new cellphone. An XPeria 10. Yes, I have entered the Android Era. No, there haven’t appeared any electric sheep in my dreams yet.
  • I don’t think I have changed much, personality or other wise. I still have the same interests, quirks, habits.
  • I’ve cut my beard & have grown a moustache. And sideburns. And some semi-fungal growth underneath my lower lip (which, you’ll have to admit, is better than underneath my upper one) (though this would be a good thing if you can believe silly Dutch sayings).
So. That was the update. I probably skipped things. It’s what I do best.
(next to tickling dolphins, but I’m not allowed to partake in that hobby any more... stupid court order)

If you have any questions, comments, jokes, remarks, observations, trifles, truffles, issues. Let me know. That is, if you want to. And if you think they relate somewhat to my person and/or this blog.
This does not mean that I wouldn’t be delighted to hear about your interpretation of the eating habits of your doggy-woggy and the effects on his simply-fascinating stool. Well, I wouldn’t be. But don’t let that stop you!

Sincerely yours,

Your small castrated rooster,

Tom.

1 opmerking:

  1. So what is the photo about???? empty tables and empty chairs...??? A philosophical statement or something real...???

    The new layout is much better, can you already write something in Hindi in your blog...??? or it too early....

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen