zondag 27 maart 2011

Pictures, Goats and Videos, oh my.

Time to upload a few more pictures, me thinks.


I recently got into a habit of stalking my colleagues to catch them when they take a nap (or at least look like they do). This is because they once took a picture/made a video of me seemingly taking a nap (though I was obviously just resting my eyes while pondering on the many questions of life) in the office.

This is Smita Pattnaik. Don’t know her official title but it’s something to do with numbers & stuff. You know, the stuff I don’t really know anything about. I’m pretty sure somewhere along the line she’s calculating stuff that may prolong our lives on earth indefinitely, but I haven’t gotten her to admit this yet....

This is Sandeep Sai. He’s involved with engineering stuff. As in, he puts all the data in a nice document (which I then get to go over to make sure everything is understandable to us non-engineering types) which we then send to the UN in order to get them to approve of our AWESOME projects and give us money. 
And hugs. 
Though I’m pretty sure we haven’t gotten any of the latter yet.
Cheapskates.

This is Rashmi R. Rajmane. Wouldn’t want to be a Chinese guy or the Pirate of Asterix when encountering such a name. She does stuff too. Projects and stuff. The Barshi project, amongst others. You know (though I know you don’t, you ignorant oaf you), the project in which GVV generously collected Evil ICLs (your old yellow hot lightbulbs) and replaced them with Awesome CFLs (your new, white, shiny convoluted bulbs).
(this is me catching R.R.R sleeping and her noticing that I caught her and quickly hide behind her screen) 
(she’s a quick waker, that’s for sure)

I haven’t actually caught any of the other people resting their eyes yet. But if I will, I’ll let you know!
                                                                                                                                                                     

Recently I took part in Holi. For more info on the happening, see my lovely blogpost here. As can be expected, the blogpost is informative, catching & incredibly well-written. Feel free to print it and frame it on your wall.
This is one of the bonfires that I witnessed. It’s about 4 to 5 metres high. You can say alot about Indians, but don’t claim they don’t know how to build a bonfire. 
Cause they do. 
But don’t take my word for it. 
Look at the picture instead.
                                                                                                                                                                     

This is me. 
I have a moustache, sideburns, and a stupid smile.

Some things never change 
(Universal Laws, for instance)
(well, they do when there’s a big bang or whatever, but then time actually starts/ceases to exist as well, so the “never” still applies...)
(in a way)
(doesn’t it?)



Next to these lovely features, I am sporting a certain pinkness on my head, as a fortunate result of my Holi Adventures. 
(oh, and I cut my hair)
(well, a hairdresser did)



                                                                                                                                                                      

As mentioned before, my company is changing offices. We’re moving to BKC.
A couple of weeks ago, we visited our new offices. And Kanaiya, Smita & I got flowers. Sandeep didn’t. 
(the cool explanation for this is that we’re awesome)
(the less cool explanation is that they were expecting three women, but Rashmi couldn’t come & Vandana was out of the office scouting for an apartment, so they gave the flowers to us instead.)
(So let's stick to the "we're awesome")
                                                                                                                                                                     

This is a picture taken from and of the Sky Walk in Bandra
(it’s yellow) (the Sky Walk, not the Picture)
 The Koterijen of Flanders are nothing compared to this. We have a lot to learn.

(be impressed) (the one in SantaCruz is pink) (be even more impressed).
                                                                                                                                                                     

A couple of weeks ago I went to a bachelor party uninvited. And considering everything was on the tab of the “lucky guy”, I ordered a Stella.
The Irony proved to be too much & I spontaneously combusted on the spot.
I got better.
                                                                                                                                                                     

I saw this rik when I was in a rik.
(the meta-ness of it all amazes even me).
Truly, the Mumbai king.
                                                                                                                                                                     

I think that’s it for pictures.
Don’t despair, however.
(well, not for me, anyway.If you have any other reasons to despair, please, don’t let me stop you)
(unless you want me to stop you, in the case of which, please, stop).

I’ve got videos too! 
(insert fake cheering)

The bonfire of Holi (short video to express more clearly the magnitude of the matter). 
Also notice the casualness, the recklessness in which the Indian Woman walks towards her impending doom. Truly a courageous people, these Mumbaikar.
                                                                                                                                                                     

Sometimes, one encounters Animals in Mumbai. 
Next to the usual Dogs & Cats, one sometimes has the luxury to be slightly surprised.

I encountered two goats 
(though, to be honest, they encountered me, by gently making their presence known by bumping me in the shins with their well formed horns)

I also encountered Two Buffaloes, pulling a Kerosene Tanker, while driving in a Mumbai traffic jam. 
(I was driving, not the Buffaloes) (well, the Rik Driver was driving, not me).
I admit that I’m representing the actual situation slightly wrongly here, considering that we’re obviously moving, whereas this would not be possible in a traffic jam. 
I assure you that none of this was put into scene (and that no animals, that I know of, were hurt). 
We merely had to wait for our rik to move, otherwise we wouldn’t have been able to film those magnificent Children of God (aka, cows).
                                                                                                                                                                     

For those curious to know where I drink my chai before and after work, here’s a short video of my surroundings.
Also note the short cameo of RRR & one of my favourite street dogs. 
(it used to be my favourite but got kicked from first position by this lovely little bitch with the cutest waggle)(tailwaggle, that is. Despite being Indian, I have yet to witness dogs doing the infamous headwaggle)
(again, no animals were hurt in the making of this video)

By the way. I have also discovered this movie editing tool which is apparently standard on my Awesome Dell. Yes. I know it looks like Dung. I’m at the beginning of my learning curve here, give me a break.
                                                                                                                                                                     

In the series of “this is my office and I’m taking a small break from work to play with my camera": 
This is my office & these are some of my colleagues. 
And they will probably hate me for this video (so Enjoy it while you can before they force me to remove it)
                                                                                                                                                                     

That’s it.
Please stay tuned for our next instalment!

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Love the video of your surroundings. *so exotic and sunny!*

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. for a moment the dog jokes made me forget about your mustache, but then I went back and there it was again, it all its glory. I guess that picture will be the thing I'll frame and hang on my wall ;) miss you. s

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I am slightly curious as to who this Vitium is that will audaciously frame my picture and hang it on the wall...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen